This Dollar Sign charm bracelet is perfect for the money lover. A great gift for a student of finance or someone who just loves dollars. The Stainless Steel Bracelet is a great choice for any collection. Hypoallergenic and gentle for sensitive skin. This bracelet is ready to be shipped to you by Amazon.
Compatible with Pandora Charm Bracelets and any other major brand.
For ages 13 and up
The dollar sign or peso sign is a symbol used to indicate the units of various currencies around the world, including the peso and the US dollar. The symbol can interchangeably have one or two vertical strokes.
There are several hypotheses about the origin of the dollar sign.
The sign is first attested in Spanish American, American, Canadian, Mexican, and other British business correspondence in the 1770s, referring to the Spanish American peso, also known as "Spanish dollar" or "piece of eight" in North America, which provided the model for the currency that the United States adopted in 1792 and the larger coins of the new Spanish American republics such as the Mexican peso, Peruvian eight-real, and Bolivian eight-sol coins.
This explanation holds that the sign evolved out of the Spanish and Spanish American scribal abbreviation "pˢ" for pesos. A study of late eighteenth- and early nineteenth-century manuscripts shows that the s gradually came to be written over the p, developing into a close equivalent to the "$" mark. A variation, though less plausible, of this hypothesis derives the sign from a combination of the Greek character "psi" (ψ) and "S".
- Money Sign Accessories for Men or Women to show your Love of Money with Dollar Bracelets
- Dollar Sign Decorations with a Dollar Sign Charm are Great Additions to a Gangsta Rapper Costume
- Dollar Sign Bracelet with Dollar Sign Charm for Men and Women that Love Money Sign Jewelry
- Dollar Jewelry that can be used with Pimp Daddy Costumes or as Pimp Costume Jewelry and Bracelets
- Hypoallergenic Stainless Steel Dollar Sign Bracelet that is Compatible with Pandora or on a Necklace