This Pennyfarthing Bicycle Bracelet is the Perfect Gift for anyone that loves Bicycles of any type.
The Stainless Steel Bracelet is a great choice for any collection. Hypoallergenic and gentle for sensitive skin. This bracelet is ready to be shipped to you by Amazon.
Compatible with Pandora Charm Bracelets and any other major brand.
For ages 13 and up
The penny-farthing, also known as a high wheel, high wheeler and ordinary, was the first machine to be called a "bicycle". It was popular in the 1870s and 1880s, with its large front wheel providing high speeds (owing to it travelling a large distance for every rotation of the legs) and comfort (the large wheel provides greater shock absorption). It became obsolete from the late 1880s with the development of modern bicycles, which provided similar speed amplification via chain-driven gear trains and comfort through pneumatic tyres, and were marketed in comparison to penny-farthings as "safety bicycles" because of the reduced danger of falling and the reduced height to fall from.
The name came from the British penny and farthing coins, the former being much larger than the latter, so that the side view resembles a larger penny leading a smaller farthing. Although the name "penny-farthing" is now the most common, it was probably not used until the machines were nearly outdated; the first recorded print reference is from 1891 in Bicycling News. For most of their reign, they were simply known as "bicycles". In the late 1890s, the name "ordinary" began to be used, to distinguish them from the emerging safety bicycles; this term and "hi-wheel" (and variants) are preferred by many modern enthusiasts.
- Wheeler Jewelry for anyone that Loves Bicycle Jewelry Women and Retro Bikes for Bicycle Enthusiasts
- Compatible with Pandora and Other Major Brands Hypoallergenic Stainless Steel Snake Chain Bracelet
- Gifts for Bicycle Enthusiasts and Fans of the Penny Farthing Bicycle and Vintage Bike Charms
- Pennyfarthing Charm can be easily removed and used as a Bicycle Pendant on a Bike Necklace
- Bicycle Bracelet and Bicycle Charm of a Penny Farthing Bike or a High Wheeler Bicycle