This Saint Francis charm necklace is perfect for fans of Saint Francis. A great gift for lovers of Saint Francis or someone who just loves Animals. This 22 inch silver plated necklace has a beautiful snake chain pattern and lobster clasp. Fashionable for any occasion and can be worn with any outfit or suit. Ready to be ordered and shipped to you by Amazon.
For Ages 13 and Up
On 18 June 1939, Pope Pius XII named Francis a joint Patron Saint of Italy along with Saint Catherine of Siena with the apostolic letter "Licet Commissa". Pope Pius also mentioned the two saints in the laudative discourse he pronounced on 5 May 1949, in the Church of Santa Maria Sopra Minerva.
St. Francis is the patron of animals, merchants, and ecology. He is also considered the patron saint against dying alone; patron saint against fire; patron saint of the Franciscan Order and Catholic Action; patron saint of families, peace, and needleworkers. He is the patron saint of many dioceses and other locations around the world
Pope Gregory IX canonized Francis on 16 July 1228. Along with Saint Catherine of Siena, he was designated Patron saint of Italy. He later became associated with patronage of animals and the natural environment, and it became customary for churches to hold ceremonies blessing animals on or near his feast day of 4 October. In 1219, he went to Egypt in an attempt to convert the Sultan to put an end to the conflict of the Crusades. By this point, the Franciscan Order had grown to such an extent that its primitive organizational structure was no longer sufficient. He returned to Italy to organize the Order. Once his community was authorized by the Pope, he withdrew increasingly from external affairs. Francis is also known for his love of the Eucharist.
- A St Francis Necklace as a Pet Passing Away Gift or a Sorry for Your Loss Gifts Pet Loss Charm
- Display your Condolences with this Saint Francis of Assisi Pendant or St Francis of Assisi Medallion
- St Francis of Assisi is The Patron Saint of Animals and Will Care for all Animals Before and After
- A Saint Francis Medal Shows your Love of Animals and that you Care for All Animals on Earth
- This Saint Francis of Assisi Necklace is a Great Gift for a Friend or Relative that Loves their Pet